Col. Leah R. Fry is the Commander of the 4th Maintenance Group, 4th Fighter Wing, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, North Carolina. The Group provides organizational and intermediate-level maintenance for 94 F-15E aircraft worth 5.2 billion dollars, the largest fleet in Combat Air Forces. It is comprised of five squadrons with over 2,500 military and civilian personnel that maintain, mobilize, deploy, and sustain aircraft and associated equipment for worldwide expeditionary aerospace operations and F-15E aircrew training.
Fry was commissioned in May 1996 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Purdue University. She has served in numerous flight, squadron, and group positions in three major commands, and has worked a variety of airframes including F-15E, F-16, A-10, F-22, RQ-4, C-5,U-2,E-3, KC-10, KC-135. She has deployed in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, RESOLUTE SUPPORT and INHERENT RESOLVE. Prior to her current position, the Colonel was the Deputy Commander, 69th Reconnaissance Group, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
1996 Bachelor of Science, Biology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Master of Science, Aviation Management, Embry Riddle University
2009 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. July 1996–July 1997, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. July 1997–October 1999, Staff Scientist, USAF Safety Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
3. October 1999–October 2001, Training Officer, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. October 2001–May 2002, Maintenance Flight Commander, 60th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. May 2002–May 2003, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 660th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. May 2003–December 2004, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 60th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
7. December 2004–December 2005, Maintenance Operations Officer, 380th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates
8. December 2005–September 2006, Maintenance Operations Officer, 388th Component Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
9. September 2006–July 2008, Maintenance Operations Officer, 388th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
10. July 2008–July 2009, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. July 2009–June 2011, Commander, 51st Maintenance Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
12. June 2011–June 2013, Commander, 20th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
13. June 2013–June 2015, Chief, F-15 and F-16 Weapon System Team, Langley AFB, Va.
14. June 2015–July 2016, Deputy Commander, 380th Maintenance Group, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates
15. July 2016–July 2018, Deputy Commander, 69th Reconnaissance Group, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
16. July 2018–Current, Commander, 4th Maintenance Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor device
Iraq Campaign Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 10, 1996
First Lieutenant June 10, 1998
Captain June 10, 2000
Major July 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Sept 1, 2011
Colonel Dec 1, 2017
(Current as of July 2018)