Colonel Anthony J. Mullinax is the Commander, 4th Mission Support Group, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Goldsboro, N.C. As the commander, he is responsible for the leadership of the wing’s civil engineers, communications and computer systems support, security and law enforcement, logistics readiness deployment and distribution, material management, vehicle management, and fuels management operations, contracting and procurement, personnel support, education, food services, and the housing, fitness, and recreational activities for more than 13,000 people. Prior to assuming his current position, Mullinax served as the Director of J3 Current Operations at the Defense Logistics Agency Distribution Headquarters, Susquehanna, Pennsylvania.
Col. Mullinax entered the Air Force in 1996 as a graduate of Troy University. Mullinax has commanded the 20th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina, and the 325th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida, where he was charged with standing up and achieving the squadron’s initial and full operational capability. As a career logistics officer, he served at the Pentagon as the Deputy Panel Chair, Headquarters Air Force, Directorate of Logistics. Following his duty at Headquarters Air Force, he was assigned as the Defense Logistics Agency’s Joint Liaison Officer to United States Forces Korea. His deployments include duties in the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, and the Republic of Korea.
1996 Bachelor of Science in Education, Troy University, Troy, Alabama.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
2004 Master of Science in Education, Troy University, Troy, Alabama.
2009 Master of Science in Military Arts and Sciences, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
2017 Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
- June 1996 - March 1999, Vehicle Operations Officer, 7th Transportation Squadron, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas
- March 1999 - March 2002, Flight Training Officer, Chief, Curriculum Management, 24th Training Squadron, Air Force Officer’s Accession and Training Schools, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
- March 2002 - June 2004, Combat Readiness Flight Commander, Installation Deployment Officer, 49th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Holloman AFB, New Mexico.
- June 2004 - June 2005, Air Force Education with Industry Program, International Business Machines, Fishkill, New York.
- June 2005 - April 2007, Logistics Team Chief, Logistics Standardization and Evaluation Team, Chief, Policy and Programs Branch, Material Management Division, Directorate of Maintenance and Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Virginia.
- April 2007 - April 2008, Director of Operations, 380th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates.
- April 2008 - June 2009, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
- June 2009 - June 2011, Commander, 20th Logistics Readiness Squadron, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, South Carolina.
- June 2011 - December 2012, Deputy Logistics Panel Chair, Headquarters Air Force, Directorate of Logistics, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- December 2012 - June 2014, Defense Logistics Agency Joint Liaison Officer, United States Forces Korea, Yongsan Army Garrison, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- June 2014 – July 2016, Commander, 325th Logistics Readiness Squadron, 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Florida.
- July 2016 – July 2017, Student, National Defense University, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Washington D.C.
- July 2017 – June 2019, Director, Defense Logistics Agency Distribution J3 Current Operations, Susquehanna, Pennsylvania.
- June 2019 – present, Commander, 4th Mission Support Group, 4th Fighter Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver leaf oak cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal with one bronze star
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship (Pistol)
Air Combat Command and Headquarters Air Force Major General Warren R. Carter Logistics Effectiveness Daedalian Award, 2010 and 2015
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS:
Second Lieutenant, May 28, 1996
First Lieutenant, May 1, 1998
Captain, May 1, 2000
Major, June 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel, September 1, 2011
Colonel, October 1, 2017
(Current as of May 2019)