Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
The "My Passport to Resilience" program was established in December 2012 to increase Seymour Johnson AFB military and family familiarity with the various helping agencies available on base. This program is incentive-based and offers 'time off' for different levels of completion.
So far, the program has proven effective as warriors are voluntarily attending classes and taking a proactive approach to being more resilient. The wing will continue to use this program under the following guidelines:
Military members will receive a stamp for each helping agency class they attend. If a spouse attends with the military member, the member will receive an additional stamp.
Passport Program Policy Letter
"My Passport to Resiliency" Pamphlet
Military members are limited to ONE passport submission per calendar year. Completed passports can be turned into the military member's 1st sergeant or commander to receive the following:
- ONE day off for attending five helping agency classes, OR,
- A THREE day pass for attending ten helping agency classes
Passports are available for pickup at the following helping locations:
- Airman and Family Readiness Center (A&FRC)
- Family Advocacy
- Health and Wellness Center (HAWC)
- Mental Health
Seymour Johnson AFB leaders are highly encouraging all members to participate in this initiative as it directly builds warrior and family resilience yielding enhanced mission readiness.
For further questions regarding the Passport to Resilience program, contact Michelle Tufano at 919-722-4492.
ASK your wingman
· Have the courage to ask the question, but stay calm
· Ask the question directly:
· Are you thinking of killing yourself?
CARE for your wingman
· Calmly control the situation; do not use force; be safe
· Actively listen to show under¬standing and produce relief
· Remove any means that could be used for self-injury
ESCORT your wingman
· Never leave your buddy alone
· Escort to chain of command, Chaplain, behavioral health professional, or primary care provider