Colonel Knight is the Commander of the 4th Mission Support Group, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, North Carolina. As commander, he is responsible for the leadership and management of the base’s civil engineers, communications and computer systems support, security and law enforcement, transportation requirements, supply, procurement, personnel support, logistics readiness, education, food services, and the housing, fitness, and recreational activities for a community of over 13,000 people.
Colonel Knight received his commission in 1994 after graduating from the University of Illinois. As a career Personnel Officer, he has served in a variety of base-level, major command, and headquarters positions including Chief of Air Mobility Command Rated Staff Assignments, Military Personnel Flight Commander, Force Support Squadron Commander, Deputy Chief of the Airman Development and Military Policy Divisions, Assistant Director for Officer Commissioning Programs in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and Chief of the Personnel Division in Headquarters Air Combat Command. His deployment experience includes tours in Saudi Arabia, Bosnia, and Afghanistan.
1994 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Speech Communication, University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
2005 Master of Arts Degree in Management & Human Resource Development, Webster University
2007 Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
2016 United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania
1. June 2016 – June 2017; Chief, Personnel Division, Directorate of Manpower, Personnel, & Services, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
2. July 2015 – June 2016; Student, United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
3. August 2013 – July 2015; Executive Officer to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Personnel Policy and Assistant Director for Officer Commissioning Programs, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
4. August 2010 – August 2013; Deputy Chief, Airman Development Division and Deputy Chief, Military Policy Division, Directorate of Manpower, Personnel, and Services, Headquarters Air Force, Washington, D.C.
5. July 2009 – August 2010; Chief, Senior Leader Development and Chief, Officer Force Development, Headquarters Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. December 2008 – July 2009; Commander, 92nd Force Support Squadron, Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington
7. August 2007 – December 2008; Commander, 92nd Mission Support Squadron, Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington
8. June 2006 – August 2007; Student, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
9. June 2004 – June 2006; Military Personnel Flight Commander, 37th Mission Support Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
10. October 2001 – June 2004; Chief of Personnel Support for Contingency Operations Management and Chief of Rated Staff Assignments, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
11. November 1998 – October 2001; Deputy Chief of USAFE Protocol, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces In Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
12. November 1996 – November 1998; Section Commander, 603rd Air Control Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
13. September 1994 – November 1996; Military Personnel Flight Section Chief, 341st Mission Support Squadron, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (rifle)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 8, 1994
First Lieutenant July 8, 1996
Captain July 8, 1998
Major Dec. 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2009
Colonel Feb. 1, 2016
(Current as of July 2017)