Col. Jason S. Reiss is the Commander, 414th Fighter Group, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, N.C. As the Commander, Col. Reiss is responsible for executing the Chief of Staff of the Air Force directed Total Force Integration with the 4th Fighter Wing. The 414th Fighter Group is an Air Force Reserve Command unit manned by highly experienced F-15E fighter pilots, weapon systems officers, intelligence professionals and maintenance technicians. He directs activities of 265 personnel assigned to the 307th Fighter Squadron and the 414th Maintenance Squadron.
Col. Reiss is a 1998 graduate of the United States Military Academy. He entered the Air Force in May 1998 after receiving an inter-service transfer and completed Undergraduate Pilot Training in 1999. He is an F-15E Evaluator, Instructor Pilot. His previous assignments include Weapons Officer at the squadron and wing level, and Director of Operations for both Reserve and Active component squadrons, a Total Force Integration first. The colonel has a distinguished combat record in several operations including Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, and IRAQI FREEDOM. He was recently deployed as the Deputy Commander, 332d Expeditionary Operations Group in support of Operation INHERENT RESOLVE.
The colonel is a command pilot with more than 3,000 flight hours in the F-15E. In his civilian capacity, Col. Reiss is a pilot with a major airline. Prior to his current assignment, he served as the Deputy Commander of the 414th Fighter Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, United States Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 United States Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2011 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. May 1998 - March 2000, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. April 2000 - January 2001, Student, F-15E Basic Course, 333d Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
3. January 2001 - May 2004, F-15E Instructor Pilot, Life Support/Info Technology Chief, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. May 2004 - September 2006, F-15E Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, Chief Wing A/G Weapons and Tactics, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
5. September 2006 - November 2007, F-15E Instructor Pilot, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 334th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
6. November 2007 - August 2012, F-15E Instructor Pilot, Director of Operations, 307th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
7. August 2012 - April 2013, F-15E Instructor Pilot, Weapons Officer, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
8. Apr 2013 - December 2013, F-15E Instructor Pilot, Director of Operations, 334th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
9. December 2013 - August 2014, Instructor Pilot, Special Assistant to the Commander, 414th Fighter Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
10. August 2014 - September 2016, Commander, 307th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
11. September 2016 – December 2019, Deputy Commander, 414th Fighter Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
12. December 2019 - present, Commander, 414th Fighter Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: 3,463
Instructor Hours: 2012
Combat Hours: 333
Aircraft Flown: T-38, AT-38, F-15E, F-15K
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1998
First Lieutenant May 27, 2000
Captain May 27, 2002
Major Jan.1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 15, 2013
Colonel July 1, 2019
(Current as of December 2019)