Seymour Johnson Is Energized For October
ENERGY AWARENESS: JUST THE BEGINNING
October is national Energy Awareness Month. In recognition of this and to help you help Seymour Johnson AFB conserve energy, the base Energy Office is reaching out daily in October to make you aware...
DID YOU KNOW????
- The average Seymour Johnson AFB electric bill is $13,600 per day.
to find ways to help your family and Seymour Johnson AFB conserve electricity.
- The average Seymour Johnson AFB water/sewer bill is $3,000 per day.
to find ways to help your family and Seymour Johnson AFB conserve water.
-The average Seymour Johnson natural gas bill is $4,100 per day.
to find ways to help your family and Seymour Johnson AFB conserve natural gas.
- It doesn't just matter how much electricity we use as a base, it matters when we use it. Through our utility provider, Seymour Johnson is billed for electricity based on Real Time Pricing. This gives the base an overall beneficial price, but it also means that when demand goes up nationally for electricity during a day, the price SJ pays goes up as well. Our electrical usage is billed in kilo-watt hours (kwh). Therefore, a kwh conserved during peak demand hours is worth more than a kwh conserved late at night.
- For the installation, reducing demand during the 1300 - 1600 timeframe typically results in the greatest overall reduction in electrical cost. Don't wait for COB to turn off or unplug those items you are not going to be using for the rest of the day. This would be a great time to implement some of the conservation techniques we've all learned about this month.
- It is important to practice the lessons learned this Energy Awareness Month throughout the year. The total utility expense for Seymour Johnson exceeds $7 million annually with utility cost continuing to climb each year. The Energy Management Steering Group and the base Energy Office needs everyone to contribute in keeping these costs down through both conservation and improve efficiency. Utility dollars saved helps the base fund additional energy initiatives which embrace ever changing technology.
The Seymour Johnson AFB Energy Office thanks you for your support this month and throughout the year to come.